Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Dear Patients and Families,
Since mid-March, Connecticut Valley Oral Surgery has restricted our care to treating only dental emergencies. We enacted our policy based on recommendations by both governmental bodies and our professional dental organizations such as the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) and American Dental Association (ADA).
We are updating you on the infection control precautions that Connecticut Valley Oral Surgery has put into effect in this era of COVID-19 to ease any concerns you may have regarding your care moving forward. Our primary concern is to deliver your care in the safest environment.
To ensure your health and safety, you will notice differences at your next visit. We have made modifications to our already exceptional infection control practices to minimize exposure risk to you and staff. The changes include all of the following:
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) by doctors and surgical assistants including N95 mask, surgical mask, gloves, surgical cap, full-face shield, gown, and shoe coverings when treating all patients.
- Strict disinfection for surfaces (countertops, chairs, floors, lights, doorknobs, computer keyboard and mouse, blood pressure cuff, etc.) after all patient encounters.
- Requiring patients to wash hands upon entry, wear a face mask (provided) and perform medicated oral rinses prior to treatment.
These efforts are in accordance with, and exceed, ADA, Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidance and recommendations.
Additional modifications to our practice to minimize potential opportunities for exposure include changes in our patient and employee health screening, patient scheduling, and office layout.
Patient Health Screening
- Telephone screening for potential COVID-19 exposures and symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Measurement of patient’s temperature upon arrival as well as additional in-person screening.
Employee Health Screening
- Measurement of all employee’s temperatures daily
- Strict enforcement of our sick policy
- All staff wears masks at all times
- Maintaining social distancing practices at home and in the office
New Office Policy and Standards
- Transportation escorts are requested to wait in the car during treatment
- Scheduling patient appointments to minimize contact among patients and allow for adequate screening/procedure time
- Removal of informational materials (pamphlets, magazines, etc.) from waiting room to minimize possible contamination and allow for more effective disinfection of the room
- Utilizing teledentistry for post-op/follow-up visits and consultations when applicable
The doctors and staff at Connecticut Valley Oral Surgery want to reassure you that we strictly adhere to – and go beyond – the ADA, CDC, and OSHA recommendations for infection control. While many things have changed, our commitment to your safety has not. We are happy to answer any questions that may arise. We are looking forward to providing exceptional treatment to you and our community. Please call our office to make an appointment.
Connecticut Valley Oral Surgery Associates
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: